Bike Touring Basics – a beginners guide to bicycle touring
This free 86 page bicycle touring how to eBook from Friedel Grant is full of information on how to plan your first bike trip.
- Why Go Bicycle Touring? Everything that’s so special about exploring the world on two wheels.
- No Experience? No Worries! Go on an adventure, even if you don’t have a lot of experience or the perfect equipment.
- How Much Will It Cost? A look at different styles of bicycle touring, and how much you might spend.
- Five Great Places To Ride. Some favourite bicycle travel destinations.
- Where To Sleep. Pitch your tent in a field or splurge on a hotel. The option is yours.
- Route Planning. What to consider when mapping out a bike tour.
- Solo Or With Friends? Should you hit the road alone, or find a friend to ride with you?
- Don’t Freak Out! One woman’s story of her family’s reaction to her plans to ride solo across the U.S.A.
- Training For A Tour. A few things to do, before you take a first trip.
- How To Pick A Touring Bike. Over 10 pages dedicated to choosing a bicycle. Learn about types of bikes and components such as frame material and wheels.
- Bikes To Consider. A look at some popular touring bikes currently on the market.
- Gear Focus. Aside from the bike, what else do you need? See our favourite bicycle accessories, camping gear, bike locks and more.
- Loading Up The Bike. Now that you have all the equipment, it’s time to learn how to carry it all. We tell you about panniers, luggage racks and trailers.
- An Amazing Journey. A dose of inspiration from Louise Sutherland, a woman who cycled the world in the 1950s.
- Equipment List. A checklist so you don’t forget anything!